Family Law Advocacy That You Need

Last updated on November 30, 2022

I am Fariah Amin, an experienced divorce and family law attorney, and my primary office is in Dallas Texas. My practice focuses on divorce, child custody, visitation, child support, orders of protection, prenuptial, partition, and post-nuptial agreements, Mahr agreements, and cases involving child protective services.

For more than a decade, I have guided clients through a wide range of family law issues. I take an assertive yet compassionate approach. My extensive experience litigating, negotiating and representing clients in family and supreme courts has prepared me to advocate zealously and relentlessly for my clients.

I Represent Clients In A Wide Range Of Family Law Services

At Amin Legal Firm, P.C., I provide experienced legal guidance and help with a range of family law matters, as described below:

  • Child custody and visitation: I have extensive experience helping clients obtain custody of their children. Through the use of forensic experts and discovery tools, I will assist you in proving why you are the optimal parent to obtain full and sole custody or joint custody of your children. If you need an attorney to help protect your children against an unfit or abusive parent, my staff and I are here to help at Amin Legal Firm, P.C. If you find yourself in a position where the custodial parent is trying to restrict and limit your access to your children unduly, I will fight to ensure that you have regular and meaningful visitation and contact. I can help you as a noncustodial parent to obtain meaningful visitation with your children. I will fight to make sure you have access to the health and education records of your children.
  • Child support, including violations and enforcement: I have helped many parents obtain child support and have had court orders modified. I can help you enforce a child support order through enforcement petitions, helping you establish arrears and obtain money judgments for what is owed. I also provide assistance in the filing and prosecution of violation petitions to force the other parent to comply with an order of support.
  • Paternity: For an unmarried father to have custody or visitation or for the mother to collect child support, it is necessary to determine who is the child’s legal father. A legal father may be someone who has signed the birth certificate, has registered with a putative father registry or was married to the mother at the time of conception or birth. If necessary, a paternity petition may be filed and prosecuted. Affidavits, DNA testing and other evidence may prove the case.
  • Child abuse and neglect: I have extensive experience helping parents defend against child abuse and neglect proceedings. I fight to make sure that authorities do not wrongfully remove children from their parents while cases are pending. If children have been wrongfully removed, I ask for immediate emergency hearings and fight until families are reunited.
  • Administrative hearings – family offense: People who are seeking protection from family violence and disturbances can obtain orders of protection in family court. I have assisted dozens of clients in obtaining orders of protection and have helped several individuals who were wrongfully accused defend against family offense petitions. Whether you are seeking an order of protection or need protection from false allegations, I can help you.
  • Contested and uncontested divorces: I have ample experience with Muslim families and divorce. I can help negotiate fair agreements when you and your spouse have a straightforward divorce. I will advise you if it becomes necessary to go to trial and fight for what you deserve.
  • Marital Agreements: Whether, is a prenuptial agreement, post-nuptial agreement, partition agreement or a Mahr agreement, I have extensive experience drafting enforceable contracts that will help protect your financial rights during your marriage and at the time of a possible divorce.

Dedicated Legal Advocate Fighting For Your Family

As an experienced family law lawyer, I understand the emotional stress, fears and frustrations that you and your children may experience during these challenging times. I will be your hardworking, compassionate advocate while aggressively seeking the solutions you need. To arrange a consultation with me, call 917-920-2039 or use my firm’s online contact form. My firm offers help with services in English, Spanish, Urdu, Punjabi and Hindi.